Experienced Business Formation Attorney Serving Mesa/Phoenix, Tucson and Surrounding Areas
Business formation and structure are inherently aligned, as how you form your business and establish your new company can make all the difference in how that business flourishes, including how you obtain financing. If you are establishing a business in Arizona, you want to work with an experienced business law attorney who knows the applicable laws and can guide you through every step of the process. This includes: selecting the right form of business entity, registration, organizational matters such as setting up a Board of Directors (if applicable), obtaining applicable licenses and permits, and tax considerations.
At Yusufov Law Firm PLLC, we provide comprehensive guidance and support to entrepreneurs and emerging companies on all aspects of business formation and incorporation. Contact us today so that we can get started helping your business take shape.
Types of Business Entities
There are several options for incorporating your business, including:
- Limited liability companies;
- C Corporations;
- S corporations;
- General partnerships;
- Limited liability partnerships, and
- Sole proprietorships.
Click here to view a chart of the differences between various business entities.
Setting Up a Business Entity
In order to ensure that your business startup is successful, several legal requirements must be carefully followed. Properly setting up your business entity at the outset reduces risk and liability in the future, and can help avoid significant, and expensive, legal complications.
Yusufov Law Firm PLLC can guide you through every step of the business formation process, including:
- Creation of Business Name — There are specific legal requirements about naming and duplication. The name must be checked with the Arizona Corporation Commission (and possibly the US Patent and Trademark Office) and officially secured.
- Selecting Entity Type – We will examine the specifics of your operation and advise on the best entity to protect your interests.
- Preparing and Filing Documents with Arizona Corporation Commission — This includes Articles of Incorporation or Organization, as well as various related forms.
- Creating Bylaws, an Operating Agreement, or a Partnership Agreement – bylaws, operating agreements, and partnership agreements establish the rules for the operation of your business and the arrangement between the business owners, if there is more than one.
- Securing Proper Business Licensing – many types of businesses require proper licenses to operate, and failure to obtain a proper license can result in steep fines and other penalties.
- Obtaining Federal Tax Identification – the business will need federal tax identification for federal taxation purposes, and likely also to set up financial accounts and enter into some financial transactions.
Business Formation Lawyers & Professionals
At Yusufov Law Firm PLLC, we take the time to explain the law and why particular options may be better than others, and we realize that business formation is just the beginning; in fact, your business formation will often make the difference for ongoing legal needs, such as partnership and/or contract disputes, employee relationships, and any associated litigation. We have extensive experience handling all types of business formation matters in Arizona. You can contact us by calling (520) 745-4429 in Tucson or (480) 788-0098 in Mesa/Phoenix, or by clicking here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need a business entity for a small business?
- What kind of business entity is right for my business?
- I found business formation forms online. Why do I need a lawyer to set up my business entity?
- What should I be aware of when buying a business?
- What should I be aware of when selling a business?
- What can I do if I’m not being paid for goods or services I provided?
Call us at (520) 745-4429 or (480) 788-0098 or fill out the form below and we will contact you.